Most celebrities are smart, or else they would have made it to where they are. There
are different kinds of intelligence, not just book smarts, or PhD's, but also street smarts.
Here I am interested in celebrities who have done something interesting outside of what they are normally known for - and you may not expect it!
My favorite brainiac celebrities
1. Danica McKellar
- actress from the Wonder Years who has a degree in math from UCLA and published a math paper and two best selling books on why math is cool.
How come I never had any math teachers who looked like that.
2. Heavyweight Boxing Champion Vitali Klitschko
- has a PhD in sports science. Better to refer to him as "doctor" or he will pummel you!
3. Geena Davis
- is a multi-talented actress, former model, producer, athlete and is member of MENSA.
She speaks several languages and can play a few different musical instruments.
4. Dolph Lundgren
- action hero movie star has a masters Degree in Chemical Engineering and won a Fulbright scholarship to MIT. He is also a Karate champion, and was a member of Sweden's elite marines, so is a true
The rest of the list:
- actress, has a degree from Harvard and has co-authored two science papers.
- has a degree from Yale and has acted in French films.
- actor went to MIT and is a member of MENSA
- talk show host was a Rhodes Scholar and has a PhD from Oxford.
- actress - is a member of MENSA
- actor went to Harvard, but dropped out shortly before graduating.
- studied at Oxford and has published poetry.
, actress and director - graduated from Harvard.
- singer - graduated high school at 16 and attended Columbia University.
- smart and funny TV host
Ed Begley Jr
- environmentalist, actor and host of Living with Ed on Planet Green
Have I missed any? Please add your comments below.